This inspiring film was created by Australian entrepreneur, Joe Cross, documenting his astounding weight loss and reversal of several chronic medical conditions all through “rebooting” his system through a 60-day juice fast.
At a truck stop in Winslow, Arizona Cross met a man who was the same age, extremely overweight and suffered from exactly the same painful skin condition (Urticaria) that had plagued Joe for years. What seemed like a random meeting lead to a life-changing moment for both of these men. While Joe had already begun his journey to conscious self-care and better health, Phil Staples weighed over 400 lbs and was living a very reclusive and lonely existence. When he reached out to the filmmaker, Cross flew back from Australia and gave Staples all of the tools to change his life.
I strongly recommend downloading or renting this 95 minute film through Netflex or Itunes. The use of animation and provocative interviews with nutritionists and healthy eating pioneer Dr. Joel Fuhrman (“Eat to Live”) and other case studies.
Cross recommends at least a 10 day “reboot” of consuming nothing but fresh juice made from fruits and vegetables –mainly greens, particularly when there are chronic medical conditions. I periodically fast on juices or do the “master cleanse” lemonade mixture as a way of giving my body a rest. It also helps me break some bad eating habits that inevitably creep in over time; once I fast for a few days, making those “bad foods” non-negotiable, it gets me back on track.
If you want to join us on this Green Juice fast – check out our Facebook Fan page for guidance, feedback and support.
NEW! Do you find it difficult to complete detoxes, like the Master Cleanse, that demand deprivation and difficult regimens? Check out my brand new program, S-Tox™: A Smarter Way to Detox. S-Tox is a simple, stress-free, satisfying way to detoxify your system. You enjoy wholesome Super Smoothies, Scrumptious Shakes, Soul-Soothing Soups, Satisfying Salads, and Sensational Snacks — that keep you feeling full while flushing away toxins. Best of all, a health coach will guide you through the process! Get started here!
Here are some of the advantages of periodic Green Juice Detox fasting:
- The breaking down of fats stored in the body (via a process called autolysis, which releases the fat cells through the bloodstream so that they can be utilized by the liver).
- Elimination and neutralization of stored toxins in the body from the major organs, including the skin, which is technically your largest organ.
- Cleansing and clearing the colon of undigested food, thus improving elimination and overall well-being.
- A natural healing process occurs when the attention of the body is drawn away from the digestive system. Approximately 30% of our daily energy is channeled into digesting and metabolizing the food that we eat – so when we limit our intake to water, juice, or specially combined drinks (as I will describe below) many fasters experience surges of energy and vitality.
- Weight loss is generally a by-product of fasting, but people often gain back at least half of the weight when returning to normal eating.
When you lose 15 lbs. a good visual is to realize that you have just lost a “bowling ball” that you have been carrying around! Here are 2 of my favorite recipes for juice fasting:
GREEN FAIRY LEMONADE
Ingredients: Kale, Cucumber, Romaine Leaves, Lemon, Ginger, Pineapple, Green Apple
Directions: You can either juice these fruits and vegetables or combine in a blender with ice. When using a blender put the greens in first, closest to the blades. If the mixture seems too foamy or fiberful, you can also squeeze through a mesh (nut milk) bag or cheesecloth or strain through a sieve.
Drink immediately. If the blend is too tart, you can add some stevia or honey (however, not recommended through a fas
WATCH ME MAKE THIS FOR eHOW.com
How to Make Multivitamin Juice — powered by ehow
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small piece fresh ginger
- 1 lemon
- handful of leafy greens (baby spinach, arugula, dandelion leaves)
- dash of cayenne
- tablespoon of nutritional yeast (when not fasting)
Directions: Juice through a centrifugal or masticating juicer. You can also blend in a Vitamix or other blender, but make sure to strain it if you are drinking juices or fasting for health benefits.
ALERT: Before starting a fast, make sure to check with a medical professional to gauge whether you are in good physical condition and/or to supervise your fast. Also, it’s vital to have someone checking in with you several times a day to monitor your progress. If you feel light-headed or extremely weak or nauseated, do not continue your fast! Furthermore, coming off a fast should be done slowly and according to recommended procedures.
Want to achieve a healthy and fabulous new body in 2012? Check out our Hypnovation for Health program – 25% savings. Weight loss and other powerful lifestyle changes through the power of your mind!
New! Easy Detox
Do you find it difficult to complete detoxes, like the Master Cleanse, that demand deprivation and difficult regimens? Check out my brand new program, S-Tox™: A Smarter Way to Detox. S-Tox is a simple, stress-free, satisfying way to detoxify your system. You enjoy wholesome Super Smoothies, Scrumptious Shakes, Soul-Soothing Soups, Satisfying Salads, and Sensational Snacks — that keep you feeling full while flushing away toxins. Best of all, a health coach will guide you through the process!
Your S-Tox™ complete smart detox package includes:
- EASY, SATISFYING detox plan with NO DEPRIVATION
- FREE CONSULTING session with a health coach – your detox questions answered or your 4-day food journal reviewed by a wellness pro
- ESSENTIAL TOOLS to get started and succeed – including shopping lists, meal planners, and food journals
- FIVE RECIPE BOOKLETS packed with wholesome, mouth-watering Smoothies, Salads, Soups, Shakes, and Snacks!
- HOURS OF AUDIO from a leading motivational expert to cement positive changes
- NINE E-BOOKS and cheat sheets from leading wellness experts – featuring HUNDREDS of favorite recipes
- FREE OR DISCOUNTED ENROLLMENT in our other popular courses, including Food Group Therapy: Alkalinity Challenge
- INSTANT, CONVENIENT ACCESS online to all course materials, including an exclusive support forum
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION to commemorate your effort!