Dr. LJ’s Healthy “Not Really Egg” Nog — Raw Vegan
Eggnog is a holiday favorite, but is often an empty-calorie drink that can threaten freshly-made New Year’s Resolutions. In this appearance on Daytime TV Show (scroll down for video), Dr. LJ demonstrates how to make an alternative eggnog that is egg- and dairy-free, yet boasts all the best qualities of eggnog and none of its worst!
Raw-nog an excellent drink to serve to lactose-intolerant individuals who want to partake in festivities but can’t consume the traditional drink. Check out the video and recipe below the fold.
- 4 cups vanilla unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 handful of raw cashews
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- OR for banana-free, use 1 cup shredded coconut and ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. clove
- Dash cardamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- Dash salt
- 5 dates – pitted and soaked for one hour
- Water from date soak
- Optional: ½ tsp. rum extract
Directions: Add all of the ingredients to blender and blend until frothy. Top with grated fresh nutmeg and cinnamon and serve immediately.