The Dark Night and Beyond: A Journey to Spiritual Wellness
Seeing My Full Potential Slipping Away
In my early 30s, I went through a long, drawn out ‘dark night of the soul’ that resulted in a near-death experience.
After years of physical hurt and emotional pain, exhausting mental burnout, too many broken and dysfunctional relationships to count, nothing but shattered hopes and dreams, I died and was reborn in a timeless instant.
I experienced absolute joy and love for everyone and everything. I felt unimaginable peace and total trust in myself and the universe. I was of this world, and yet so much more than it. I was infinite and unconditional love. I was everything and nothing.
And then, the proverbial bubble broke and it faded. And I realised right then and there that I had been shown the potential bliss that was both real and achievable, but it was up to me to make it manifest in my life and start to live it.
Seizing the Moment
As a direct consequence of both the collapse and the most glorious rebirth, I quite literally changed my life and rebuilt myself from the inside out.
The ‘old’ me that had been broken and given up on life was now gone and gave way to knowing there was a powerful, inner light crying out to burn so brightly and be birthed in a ‘new’ me. It therefore became my mission to explore new ways of finding—and holding on to—ever-higher levels of love, joy, peace, and healing in my life.
To this end, I walked away from my old life, casting off the corporate mask to create a new way of being.
For over 20 years now, I have been walking my own path of self-discovery while showing others how to effectively surf the tides of their soul journeys, moving ever closer to their own inner lights.
It may come as no surprise to hear that, for us human beings, the true soul journey never ends. It just keeps getting more rewarding and more beautiful the closer we come to becoming and living our personal truth, our bliss.
Many Paths to a Blissful Soul
As part of my spiritual journey, I retrained as a nature therapy guide, past life regressionist, hypnotherapist, meditation and mindfulness instructor, and spiritual wellness coach.
Nowadays, I devote my time to all those beautiful souls out there who feel a deep desire to embark upon their own soul journey and may be glad for a helping hand to inspire and support them along the path of self-discovery and healing for spiritual wellness.
While not everyone has to contend with living through a dark night of the soul, everyone’s soul is searching for spiritual growth to some degree or another.
If you have hope in your heart, anything is possible. We are infinite.
What is Spiritual Wellness?
- Spiritual health is an understanding and acceptance of your connection to the world and your place within it. It’s the certainty that your life has a higher purpose which goes beyond 3D physicality and short-term happiness. And that life happens for you and not to you. Spiritual wellness necessitates a desire to do good for yourself and others, to live with gratitude and bring more light to bear in the world.
- Spiritual wellness is about achieving greater balance of mind, body and spirit, of existing in greater harmony with family and friends, and colleagues, our environment and the world at large, and balancing our personal needs with the needs of others.
- We engage in spiritual self-care to find and nurture more depth and meaning in our lives and develop a sense of connection to a higher power beyond the physicality of the body. Just as it is essential to nurture our bodies with food, so must we nurture our souls with spirit.
Why is Spiritual Wellness Important?
- The practice of reaching and maintaining spiritual wellness acknowledges our search for deeper meaning in life.
- When we’re spiritually healthy, we feel more connected to not only a higher power, but to those around us.
- We have more clarity when it comes to making everyday choices, and our actions become more consistent with our beliefs and values.
- Healthy spiritual wellness gives:
- A sense of peace, wholeness and balance among the physical, emotional, social and spiritual aspects of our lives
- In difficult times, greater spiritual wellness can help us deal with adversity and overcome hardships.
- A strong sense of spiritual wellness helps us tackle challenges and gives more meaning to our lives.
- for many people the path to such spirituality passes through struggles and suffering, and often includes experiences that are both frightening and painful.
- In these cases, a Spiritual Wellness Specialist can offer support and techniques to develop meaningful and long-lasting spiritual strength.
What Do I Offer My Clients as a Spiritual Wellness Specialist?
- There are many spiritual paths and support systems and, as a spiritual wellness coach, I help my clients explore the deeper connections within themselves, life and the Universe, facilitating a new and deeper understanding of the world they live in and the energies that flow within it.
- I offer a range of methods and means to discover, experience and expand deeper feelings of inner peace, joy, love, healing and freedom in my clients’ own lives and the lives of those they love.
- I help my clients change or redirect their lives, working with them to uncover and move towards their visions and goals, helping remove any limiting thoughts and blockages impeding the way.
- For clients who need to release childhood or relationship traumas, heal old wounds or remove energetic blockages, I help to release unwanted and stagnant experiences, outdated beliefs and misaligned programmes from the subconscious mind and replace them with new, positive energy flows focused on the client’s desires for greater levels of love, joy and abundance in their life.
- I share simple yet effective self-care and healing techniques to help clients learn how to self-heal and evolve into the next best version of themselves they want to be.
- In order to fully deliver on this, I provide neutral, judgement-free support to my clients and encouragement so they may find and be themselves without fear, worry or pressure. I am there to support my clients’ learning process and assist develop and achieve their spiritual wellness dreams to the max.
About the Author
The author spent her early career working and teaching in marketing and management fields. In 2006, she met her husband and they moved to a remote part of the south of France known as the Pays Cathare. Here, she retrained to become a nature therapy guide, mindfulness and meditation instructor, past life regressionist, hypnotherapist, and spiritual wellness coach and, since 2006, they have been offering walking retreats, nature therapy retreats, and meditation and mindfulness retreats in a largely unspoilt area called the Razès.
For Joanne, life is one big soul journey which always takes her out into the living Razès countryside that surrounds her.
“Walking solo gives me an outer space that allows me to detach myself enough from everything going on in my life so that I can find the calm, inner space from where I can reflect on life more clearly. Walking helps me unearth an awareness of who and what I am, and the new discoveries never end.
“Whether it’s the Camino, a long trek or another pilgrimage, to me the point of the long walk is to allow the trail to enable me to reflect, to become aware, to make observations, to let go. And in doing this, each time I set myself freer than I could previously imagine. Freedom is expansive. And, free from fears of the past and the future, I find both inner peace and happiness.
“I inherently knew that I was supposed to achieve something big one day, to be someone special, to have a purpose in life, something to be proud of and consider eminently worthy of doing. This is in fact the birth-right of every human being on the planet.”
Facebook page: One Woman Walking @onewomanwalkingjoannemoore