It felt like Christmas in May the other day when I received my box of four essential oils from Aroma Foundry, a start-up essential oil company in Santa Barbara, California. Knowing that I am a big fan of aromatherapy, a lovely young lady (Tania) in their Public Relations department asked me to choose 4 to […]
Simple toxin-free solution! Several years ago I switched to a natural spray deodorant from Crystal Essence that is made without the dangerous (possibly cancer-causing!) ingredients of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens, phthalates and triclosan. I find this blend (lavender and white tea) pleasant and effective. Plus, a little goes a long way, so one bottle lasts […]
Recipe for Body, Mind AND Spirit
Is there such a thing as well-being in a bottle? I think that one of the most potent remedies that anyone can have in their medicine chest, gym bag, desk drawer, or purse — is a 10 milliliter bottle of lavender essential oil. This is considered to be the most universal of all of the essential oils, and if you’re just learning about this extraordinary healing tool, it’s a good starting point. Just to give you an idea of what lavender oil can do to improve your life (and this is only the short list):
- It is an instant mood elevator and can help relieve depression.
- It is effective in the treatment of tension, headaches, migraines, and high blood pressure.
- It rapidly heals skin conditions, including serious burns, sunburn, eczema, insect bites, and abscesses.
- It can soothe muscle aches, including sprains.
- It encourages restful sleep and can lessen insomnia.